An open love letter to CoSchedule…
Before I met you, my social media life was in ruins.
I was dating another editorial calendar– let’s call him Ed — but there were problems from the get-go.
We met on the WordPress Plugin Page and at first, I didn’t want to admit I’d made a mistake… but the truth is, there just wasn’t any chemistry between us.
Most of the time, Ed just sat there, absorbing the energy I was putting into our relationship.
True… Ed didn’t make many demands… He never asked me to pay for anything. He never even urged me to do anything I didn’t want to — you know, like write a blog post so I could stay in touch with the people who need my help.
But you know what? He also never got in touch with me — I was always supposed to take the initiative and a one-way relationship is so hard!
And when we were together — mind you, it was only because I made it happen – I felt guilty! I knew I should be doing something — but what I really wanted was for Ed to do something… inspire me, excite me… do something to make my life easier.
True, he added a little organization to my business life, but beyond that… not much. He was so uninspiring that within a few months, I had even had a hard time looking at him.
I was so disillusioned that I started blogging sporadically, and I hardly ever kept in touch with my social media followers.
I was on the downhill slide to anonymity.
But then I met you, CoSchedule!
Suddenly I saw so much that I’d been missing… so much that I craved without being able to put words to it — and so much that I didn’t even know was possible until I had a relationship with someone who cares as much my success as much as I do.
I’m talking about things like…
- Knowing that you never forget about me — you send me emails, whisper in my ear about how my posts are doing, and give me ideas that really make a difference.
- Scheduling my social media posts at the same time I write my blog posts — your gentle presence inspires me and makes it impossible to forget to tell people about my blog post.
- Being able to move things around in my calendar by dragging and dropping — who knew life could be so simple?
- Getting answers to my questions — even the ones I feel silly asking — quickly and without making me feel dumb for asking.
- Suggestions for refreshing old posts in social media — before you started telling me how great people thought my posts were, I never even considered giving them a second glance.
- Driving traffic to my posts continuously – when they publish, and then later that week, and again next week, next month — and…
Suddenly, my calendar is full of social media posts, and it feels effortless!
I don’t feel alone anymore… I feel like we’re in this together.
I know you’re not giving up on me, so I don’t give on myself.
CoSchedule, you’re the social media team I thought I couldn’t afford!
Looking back, I realize that I started being a better blogger the day I met you. It was so easy because all the things I needed to do were laid out for me at the bottom of every blog post I wrote.
I can see the trends in what I’m doing, so I write more. Because I post more on social media, I’m more engaged with the people I’m writing for, and I get more comments.
More people are opting into my email list, so I have the chance to make a bigger impact.
I run into you everywhere I go!
And I love it that you want to give my friends a free trial for their WordPress blogs!
If they need more information, you’ve even made a video for them — 2 minutes to get all the details on how your social life can be as great as mine!
If this post made you think about your practice, subscribe to my EZine. You’ll get information on a variety of practice-building topics — and please share this resource with other practitioners, because when you know how to find them, there are enough clients for everyone!